The Cherubini Classic 20
Sleek, beautiful lines shape a high performance hull and create an energizing water experience like no other. You're at the helm of a vintage craft that is engineered in the 21st century traveling through time. It's the best of past and present. Finished with breathtaking mahogany decks and luxurious upholstery echoing the finest luxury automobile, the Cherubini Classic 20 will take you to an entirely different place.
Cherubini Classic 20 Design Features
Fast, smooth and dry by design!
The original boats of the early 20th century that inspired this runabout had very hollow, concave bow sections running back to very flat sterns. They were fast, but they pounded in waves and were very wet. The unique Cherubini Classic runabouts have convex sections forward running back to a constant deadrise V-section aft.
We know that for any given weight, as the beam gets wider, the deadrise angle has to reduce. We chose a beam of 6’-10” and a deadrise angle of 20° which gives us good flotation to weight ratio. So ultimately, the hull design of the Cherubini Classic 20 provides a fast and dry ride for the helmsman and passengers.
Lifting strakes at the chine run the full length of the hull with a slight downward angle forward and a horizontal run aft. From our current powerboat design science we know the proper relations between center of pressure, center of profile area, and center of gravity. We hit a home run with this combination because the Cherubini “Roaring 20s” are fast, stable in turns, and push softly through oncoming waves. Driving one is like driving a Porsche with Rolls Royce suspension.
The real thing.
The deck of the Cherubini Classic runabouts is made of the finest mahogany with tight grain for lasting quality and beauty. The decks are finished with more than a dozen protective coats of luminous varnish. Decks can also be produced with gel coat and non-skid surface for lower maintenance.
Cherubini Yachts Classic 20 is engineered with resin infusion technology, one of the cleanest fiberglass manufacturing processes ever developed. It produces laminates with the strongest and stiffest mechanical properties, and more consistently, than traditional FRP processes.
Raw power, custom comfort.
As with all the our runabouts, she can be outfitted with outboard or inboard power as well as jet packages with gas or diesel engine. With standard power, this beautiful high performance runabout will easily cruise at more than 30 knots while sprinting at an exhilarating 44 knots when you need to race the weather, or just for the fun of it.
The Cherubini Classic 20 is designed for comfort. The skipper has a clear view forward from a sitting position, where he or she is protected from wind and spray by the windscreen. There isn't the need to stand as you would need to in conventional modern speed boats. All seats provide plenty of leg room, with luxurious cushions and bolsters designed and built for a relaxing yet energizing ride.
Built for you:
Cherubini Yachts is a semi-custom manufacturer, and we can make your boat the way you want. We have built boats with special instrument panels, controls, electrically operated hatch lifters, more varnish, less varnish, etc. We are happiest when we are customizing your boat to meet your wishes.
Cherubini Classic 20 Specifications
- LOA: 20'0" (stern drive up, add 39")
- Beam: 6' 10"
- Draft: 13" (stern drive up); 33" (stern drive down)
- Dry weight: 2,100 lbs. to 2,700 lbs. (varies with options)
- Standard engine: 220 HP Mercury 4.3L V-6 with Alpha-1 stern drive
- Single lever control with engine gauges
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine space
- Marine battery, group 24, with master switch, DC distribution panel
- Auto-electric bilge pump, electric bilge blower
- Running lights, 12 volt outlet in dash
- Electric horn
- 43 US Gal. extra thick aluminum fuel tank, epoxy coated and
awlgripped for extra protection
Deck and cockpit:
- Foam core fiberglass deck structure
- Mahogany decking overlay with clear, high tech finish
- Single piece fiberglass cockpit
- 2-midship lockers with doors
- Mahogany steering wheel
- 2-glove compartments
- Upholstered cockpit side panels
- 32 oz. Sea Quest marine upholstery
- Storage locker under back seat
- Courtesy lights
- Ski ring
- Premium chrome or stainless steel handrails, hinges, cleats, vents
- Flagstaff on bow
- Heavy U-bolts in transom and bow
- Custom cast stainless steel windshield brackets
- Solid fiberglass hull and stringers
- Owner’s choice of color for hull and boot top
- Foam flotation
Safety and equipment package:
- Anchor with rode and bag
- 6-life-jackets in fitted bag
- Boat hook
- 2-dock lines
- Fenders with covers
- Complete orientation and operation instructions… and sunscreen!
- CD with Luigi Cherubini music
Deck & Hull:
- Custom stainless steel cutwater and rub rail
- Single cockpit
- Awlgrip painted deck, with custom colors and graphics
reduces price and maintenance
- Closed cooling for engine
- Silent Choice exhaust
- Bow thruster with dedicated battery
- Shore power inlet and battery charger
- Engine insulation
- Many engine and drive options are available
- Any custom material you desire
- Bimini, owner’s choice of Sunbrella colors
- Stereo with CD, MP3, 4 speakers
- Ski pylon, retractable.
- Teak cockpit sole
- Mahogany cockpit side panels
- Bottom paint, owner’s choice of color
- Custom fitted cooler under back seat
- Custom fitted cockpit or full deck storage cover
- Teak inlaid swim platform
- Premium aluminum trailer
Build Your Cherubini Classic 20
Let us know how you would build your dreamboat. Complete the questions below and submit to our design team. We'll be in touch to discuss your personal Cherubini Yacht.
Cherubini Yachts, 51 Norman Avenue, Delran, NJ 08075
© Cherubini Yachts | All rights reserved.