The Cherubini Classic 255 Sport Cruiser
No mere picnic boat!
Originally introduced at the Palm Beach Boat Show in 2012, the lines of this timeless gem could have easily premiered at a Show in the 1940s. What gives away its age is the modern power, design and build technology. The Cherubini Classic 255 Sport Cruiser is shaped by a straight sheer and elliptical transom above a curved teak swim platform. Beautiful mahogany decks, helm dash and engine cover provide a rich, nautical presence. This semi-custom boat is also available with fiberglass decks.
The Cherubini Classic 255 Sport Boat is more than a picnic boat. It's the ideal boat to cruise to dinner aboard and she makes a very special megayacht tender. Whether sight-seeing on the Intracoastal or having fun offshore, you will be treated to smooth, soft and dry ride.
Cherubini Classic 255 Sport Cruiser
Beautiful. Inside and out.
This beautifully crafted boat includes many clever design features including circular vents with sliding covers between the forward part of the hardtop and the windshield, and an electronics compartment in the overhead with a hinged cover. The optional head includes an adjustable mirror to check yourself before stepping off, and a mahogany compartment top that stays open with a wooden cog in the hinge joint. The forward cabin has a roomy V-berth, and behind the helm are two identical inboard-facing settees. The best spot to feel the wing in your hair is the aft upholstered transom seat that spans the beam of this thoughtful yacht. Under the aft bench seat is a built-in cooler.
Her large cockpit will seat several crew members including friends, and friends of your children, or grandchildren. With 5'4" head-room in the cabin kids and adults have a generous amount of room. For taller people, it means just ducking a bit. There is plenty of additional stowage space under the seats.
The 255 holds ample fuel (80 gallons) for long trips, and behind the helm seat is a cabinet for an (optional) refrigerator or stowage.
The 255 Sport Cruiser engine compartment hatch is powered to open with the flick of a switch which helps with the heavy lifting.
Under the hood is an automatic fire extinguisher, and aft of the engine compartment is a handcrafted teak swim platform
which includes a slide-out, drop-down boarding ladder on the starboard side. A grab rail on the stern deck gets swimmers safely aboard.
Power to spare.
With a 425-hp MerCruiser 496 HO and Bravo 3 drive, top speed is an exhilarating 56 mph and she cruises comfortably at 42 mph. A more proportionate, standard power package is the 300-hp MerCruiser 350. Cherubini Yachts can also power the boat with a reverse inboard diesel or a diesel with waterjet drive. Ultimately, Cherubini Yachts can build your 255 Sport Cruiser to your standards and beyond.
Cherubini Classic 255 Sport Cruiser Specifications
- LOA: 25 feet, 6 inches
- BEAM: 7 feet, 4 inches
- DRAFT: 1 foot, 7 inches
- DISPLACEMENT: 4,600 pounds
- TANKAGE: 80 gallons fuel, 12 gallons water, 6 gallons waste
- POWER: 300-hp MerCruiser 350 with Bravo 1 (standard);
- Single lever control with engine gauges
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine space
- Marine battery, group 24, with master switch, DC distribution panel
- Auto-electric bilge pump, electric bilge blower
- Running lights, two 12 volt outlets
- Push-button electrically operated lifter for engine hatch
- USB connections
- Electric horn
- 43 US Gal. extra thick aluminum fuel tank, epoxy coated and
awlgripped for extra protection
Deck and cockpit:
- Solid fiberglass hull construction, foam core fiberglass deck structure
- Mahogany decking overlay with clear, high tech finish
- Stowable solid mahogany dining table
- Single piece fiberglass cockpit
- 2-midship lockers with doors
- Mahogany steering wheel
- Custom interior ventilation
- Fully opening windshields
- Fully opening side windows
- Navigation lights meeting USCG requirements
- Elegant convenience lighting inside, including floor courtesy lights, bright lights, and red lights to protect night vision for night cruising
- 2-glove compartments
- Upholstered cockpit side panels
- 32 oz. Sea Quest marine upholstery
- Storage locker under back seat
- Courtesy lights
- Ski ring
- Premium chrome or stainless steel handrails, hinges, cleats, vents
- Flagstaff on bow
- Heavy U-bolts in transom and bow
- Custom cast stainless steel windshield brackets
- Solid fiberglass hull and stringers
- Owner’s choice of color for hull and boot top
- Foam flotation
Safety and equipment package:
- Anchor with rode and bag
- 6-life-jackets in fitted bag
- Boat hook
- 2-dock lines
- Fenders with covers
- Complete orientation and operation instructions… and sunscreen!
- CD with Luigi Cherubini music
Hull & Deck:
- Awlgrip painted deck, with custom colors and graphics
reduces price and maintenance
- Custom teak swim platform, with ladder and stern drive cover
- Custom stainless steel cutwater and rub rail
- 430-hp MerCruiser 502 CID 8.2-liter MAG HO with Bravo 1, 2 or 3 drive
- Closed cooling for engine
- Silent Choice exhaust
- Jet drive available
- High performance IO Drive with counter rotating dual propeller available
- Bow thruster with dedicated battery
- Shore power inlet and battery charger
- Extra fuel capacity
- Extra water capacity
- Engine insulation
- Marine toilet and sink.
- Bimini, owner’s choice of Sunbrella colors
- Stereo with CD, MP3, 4 speakers
- Ski package
- Teak cockpit sole
- Mahogany cockpit side panels
- Bottom paint, owner’s choice of color
- Custom fitted cooler under back seat
- Custom fitted cockpit or full deck storage cover
- Teak inlaid swim platform
- Premium aluminum trailer
- Day cover and bimini
Build Your Cherubini Classic 255 Sport Cruiser
Let us know how you would build your dreamboat. Complete the questions below and submit to our design team. We'll be in touch to discuss your personal Cherubini Yacht.
Cherubini Yachts, 51 Norman Avenue, Delran, NJ 08075
© Cherubini Yachts | All rights reserved.